전인푸드

Slot Unveils Slot.ng, App & Controls 48% Nigeria Phone Retail Market

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Cherie
댓글 0건 조회 16회 작성일 23-11-03 15:11

본문

Slot Systems Limited, gamzix pilot a household identify for inexpensive and and durable cell phones in Nigeria has upped the sport in cellphone gross sales with slot.ng website and Mobile app.

In response to Slot programs, the gesture falls in line with its vision to bridge info hole in the worldwide information technology (cellphone gross sales, specifications, costs, and so forth.) with emphasis in Nigeria market.

Meanwhile, a GFK report for the organised smartphone market share tipped Slot as controls the 48% share in 2014.

Speaking at the website and app unveiling in Lagos on Thursday, Engineer Nnamdi Ezeigbo, group managing director, Slot Systems Limited, said that as an indigenous firm with penchant interest in offering best services to its clients, they determined to deliver their providers even nearer to the individuals via on-line channels.

Ezeigbo said that Slot has rigorously studied the peculiar life type of Nigerians, which has helped them in designing completely different products they've rolled out in the past.

He said that the online platforms would enable them "bring our 50 retails shops to your doorsteps, your workplace, house, even at your fingertips".

Aside the online platforms, Slot introduced Trade-in and Screen Insurance programmes for the purchasers.

This, the Group MD said, "With the Screen Insurance, you possibly can insure your cellphone screen with simply 5%. Do you know how much it costs to change your telephone display? It’s alarming! That is due to the cost of producing the telephone or pill display. But now we have the solution at Slot.

"Also, we introduced one other exciting offer, the Trade-In. That is another value add to the esteem prospects and your complete Nigerian clients. You can now commerce-in your old phone for a brand new one no matter the place you purchased it," he mentioned.

Speaking superficially on the newly launched online platforms, Ezeigbo mentioned, "For us, it's about service that's environment friendly. It’s about worth with emphasis on price saving. That is the right time to log on; the time when about 16% of Nigerians are getting access to the internet with about 38% of them as active users. That is more and more changing into interesting.

"Over the years, we've got contributed immensely to the expansion of the smartphone market by making smartphone obtainable and at affordable costs.

"From the GFK experiences for the organised smartphone market share, our market share is 48% for 2014. We've got grown in size and strength with over seven hundred Nigerians working with the Company"

He declared the Company’s unrelenting wishes to bringing good services, price saving initiatives and supply buying experience whether offline or on-line.

Also talking, Mrs. Nkechi Ezeigbo, group government director, Slot Systems Limited, mentioned that the Company’s relationship with the telcos and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) might be to the very best interest of the purchasers.

"As an indigenous Company, we don’t simply promote phones, we provide first class after-gross sales help that's incomparable in any Western African data know-how sector".

Mrs. Ezeigbo famous that through the years, Slot has been the first to announce the availability of recent telephones, new functions, features and upgrades within the Nigerian telephone market.

Slot System restricted was included in 1998 and started importation of pc accessories the same year.

As a visionary firm, it switched over to cellular telecommunication services in 2001 and has remained the toast of worldwide brands like MTN, Airtel, Glo, Etisalat, Nokia (now Lumia), Samsung, BlackBerry, Tecno, Apple Huawei, LG, among others.

250 passengers Escape Death as 2 FirstNation Planes Collide @ MMIA

Huawei Harps on 5G Innovation, Plans First Pilot Network in 2018

Nigeria CommunicationsWeek believes that technology makes life more exciting and helps enhance the lives of individuals around Nigeria and certainly the world. So since 2007, now we have devoted our power to impartial reportage of expertise and the way they have an effect on lives.

You could like

Nigeria, Others Vital in Recovery of €2m from Organised Crime Syndicate - INTERPOL

Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi, president of the International Criminal Police Organisation (INTERPOL), has said that Nigeria, as well as sure West African nations, have been crucial in the recovery of over € 2 million linked to several organised crime syndicates across the world.

Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi, president, INTERPOL

Al-Raisi made this recognized on Monday at the 4th edition of the Conference and Retreat of Senior Police Officers at Owerri in Imo state.

The INTERPOL crackdown tagged "Operation Jackal" organised between 15 and 29 May, 2023 mobilised police forces, financial crime items, and cybercrime companies throughout 21 international locations world wide to ship a focused strike against Black Axe and comparable West African organized crime groups.

"Operation Jackal which came about in May of this 12 months tackled West African based organsised crime teams like Black Axe to recover over 2 million Euros," he said.

He also acknowledged that greater than 200 financial institution accounts linked to the illicit proceeds of on-line monetary crime were blocked during the operation and a number of other kingpins arrested whose crime networks are thought of a severe global security menace.

In keeping with the safety chief, Nigeria’s strategic position has been a hotbed for crime syndicates in search of to increase their domain.

"Nigeria’s geostrategic location has attracted organised criminal groups who often snuggle illicit goods, who typically use Nigeria as a stepping stone to succeed in different continents."

Speaking further on Nigeria’s integral half in foiling criminal activities across the continent, Al-Raisi stated human smuggling rings in West Africa have been neutralized and a whole bunch of migrants have been rescued while over 1009 arrests have been made worldwide.

Food Prices Rose to 26.76 Per Cent in September - NBS

National Bureau of Statistics has said the costs of meals gadgets comparable to beef, rice, beans, onion, yam, and others elevated in September.

This was disclosed in its Selected Food Prices Watch report for September 2023 released in Abuja on Monday, October 30.

The report mentioned that the typical value of 1kg of boneless beef increased by 28.08 p.c from N2,199.37 recorded in September 2022 to N2,816.91 in September 2023.

"On a month-on-month basis, 1kg of boneless beef increased by 0.62 per cent in September from the N2,799.Fifty one recorded in August 2023,’’ the report stated.

It stated that the common price of 1kg of native rice elevated by 60.59 per cent on a 12 months-on-year foundation, from N471.Forty two in September 2022 to N757.06 in September 2023.

"On a month-on-month foundation, 1kg of native rice increased by 2.48 per cent from the N738.Seventy four recorded in August 2023.’’

It was revealed that the common price of 1kg of brown beans elevated by 28.76 percent on a year-on-12 months basis from N556.Eighty one in September 2022 to N716.97 in September 2023.

"On a month-on-month basis, the price increased by 3.Forty seven per cent from the N692.Ninety five recorded in August 2023 to N716.Ninety seven in September 2023.’’

The NBS mentioned the average worth of 1kg of Onion bulb rose by 29.81 per cent on a year-on-12 months basis from N397.18 in September 2022 to N515.Fifty nine in September 2023.

"On a month-on-month foundation, the price increased by 0.45per cent from N513.29 recorded in August 2023.’’

The report said that the common price of 1kg of Yam tuber elevated by 45.11 per cent on a 12 months-on-year foundation from N409.23 in September 2022 to N593.83 in September 2023.

"On a month-on-month foundation, 1kg of yam tuber elevated by 3.03 per cent from the recorded N576.39 in August 2023.’’

On state profile analysis, the report showed that the highest average worth of 1kg of boneless beef was recorded in Anambra at N3,800.42, whereas the lowest price was recorded in Kogi at N1,845.29.

News

Nigerians Lose N89.4Bn as BBHTV, Ponzi Scheme Collapses

Published

on

By

Over 2. 7 million Nigerians have reportedly lost some N89.4 billion to BBHTV, a Ponzi scheme after Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) froze its accounts.

For the 5 months it lasted, about 2. 7 million Nigerians, who are now victims, considered themselves most fortunate.

According to New Telegraph, the victims probably believed God, in His mercies, sent down BBHTV from heaven to mitigate pains inflicted on them by the present excruciating nationwide financial crisis. For sitting down at house, watching movies (described as a performance of Task), they were incomes fabulous quantities of cash day by day, according to the member’s (additionally called worker) level.

There were mouthwatering bonuses upon bonuses, a pattern that will have produced many millionaires in a 12 months however for the crash of the scheme last week.

As reported by New Telegraph, with the announcement last week that each one its accounts have been frozen, BBHTV, which sneaked into the life of Nigerians as a lifesaving interventionist programme at a time of economic disaster, would go down in history because the second greatest rip-off in Nigeria after the MMM Ponzi Scheme, which crashed in 2017.

The most recent development, which the victims mentioned unknown to them was a Ponzi Scheme, has left over 2.7 million Nigerians losing billion of naira few days in the past after the company, BBHTV’ announced to the victims (who it known as employees) that the Federal Inland Revenue Service has frozen its accounts over problems with payment of personal Income Tax.

The mentioned frozen account, according to the faceless operators, holds a whopping sum of N89.Four billion. An employee, who mentioned his personal loss was N1.5 million, stated: "I have been severely down since this happened. I lastly accomplished my treatment immediately(Wednesday). I'm broken not due to the money I misplaced however the folks I satisfied to affix BBHTV. As it is, I'm searching for cash to pay some cash back to them, even if a widow in my area is concerned because I thought I used to be serving to her not knowing that I'm going to cause extra problems to her."

Rev. Dr. Peter Ejemurua, who mobilized over 800 members of his church to hitch the group and is properly regarded in the BBHTV mentioned; "It is so unlucky that this has happened. My title is being slandered when I’m innocent….We saw that this job seemed legit and that i introduced my family and church members and paid for them, so all of us might profit. As I was withdrawing, I did my finest to improve them and myself.

Actually, I just upgraded to P8 with the money I had left earlier than this complete factor happened. "I have read all the insults and backlash- es coming from people and i take them in good faith. I've lost vastly but I do know the wicked is not going to go free. I am a Servant of God and I've been in ministry for over 50 years. Soon, I’ll be eighty and will always stand for the truth!" A sure Chidiebere, who is among the admins stated: "A lot of you're considering that I'm one of them however I'm a sufferer too.

"I refused to speak because it came as a shock to me. Actually, that is my first time involving myself in online enterprise. I know there may be genuine online companies. When i noticed BBH, I assumed I had found it. "Based on the business discussion I had with Serena, who is answerable for the UK certificate registration, the steps taken by one in all us for Nigeria CAC registration, the opening of 22 workplaces, I believed it was real and real. "I resigned from work to do this BBH because of the assurance and the way convinced I was.

"It was going easily and got sweeter when rewards and subsidies were introduced. "A lot of people wouldn’t have lost much if not for upgrades and subsidies. Wallet was promising and everyone was comfortable. Until it instantly acquired so far of tax cost."

BBHTV or BBH Films Nigeria limited

A Google search on BBHTV confirmed that the corporate was registered as BBH Films Nigeria Limited, which is an arm of the BBH Global, a London based company.

It claims to have an energetic on-line presence, showing what it does and how one can be a part of it.

How-ever, it introduces itself as an online business company, which has strong profitability and a whole industrial chain. It says that its worker-centered philosophy helps Nigeria folks get out of life’s difficulties.

The faceless operators (no verifiable or personal contact in Nigeria, Serena, the Hiring Manager has a overseas phone line) who brought the corporate to Nigeria, also claimed that the corporate is an arm of the BBH Global, the UK Company. BBH Films Nigeria Limited was integrated in Nigeria three months ago, in line with data on the company’s site. However, indications had been that the corporate was by no means registered with the company Affairs Commission (CAC) as Dr. Peter Ejeruma, who was speculated to handle their CAC registration was informed to suspend it when they introduced the freezing of its accounts.

BBH Tv and its ‘employees’ (depositors)

On the platforms used to draw Nigerians to hitch the scheme, the company claimed that it does not rely on people’s deposits to make revenue. Its earnings, according to the Hiring Manager (aka Serena), come from promotion charges paid by movie and tv corporations world wide.

"We use this revenue to pay our employees," she said. They claimed that the company was set up by three buddies within the United Kingdom in 2018.

They added that it's world-famend for its inventive and efficient promoting company; based in business centres of main cities.

They additional claimed that throughout the five months, it has been in Nigeria, it has created partnerships with major international film companies and urged the ‘employees’ to cooperate with the company by finishing their tasks effectively to earn good revenue to raised the lots of their families.

They cautioned workers that to earn money in BBH, it's essential work, moderately than investing. But in another breath, the staff were offered with totally different investment options to earn bonuses and for upgrades.

Of their last September assembly, Serena claimed that they have already exhausted N12.36 billion in the first spherical of ‘special funds’, and remaining particular funds had been about N2.6 billion, saying that the particular funds used to carry out recruitment activities are restricted.

She urged members to actively take part within the activities organized by the corporate and create revenue for themselves.

However, throughout their October 1st meeting, a sure Alice, who says she is the Assistant to Mr. Williams Jonah, regional marketing manager, West Africa, stated with support from their BBH UK Headquarters, by way of preferential actions and recruitment activities, the company’s on-line workers have exceeded 2.7 million.

It famous that the ‘success of many members stems from their unremitting efforts. They dare to face difficulties, problem themselves, know easy methods to combine assets, and develop their very own recruitment ideas. That is the prerequisite for their success." She urged members to point out their talent in BBH, totally show their talents, transfer for- ward in direction of their targets and lead a profitable life, saying, "it is hoped that every one staff can actively take part within the actions carried out by the company and create extra earnings for themselves."

The content of the activities the employees are required to take part in are as follows: P-degree (common worker) invites A-degree subordinates to become P-level: "If you invite an A-degree subordinate to become P2, an A-stage subordinate to turn into P3, an A-level subordinate to develop into P4, an A-level subordinate to grow to be P5, an A-level subordinate to grow to be P6, and an A-degree subordinate to develop into P7.

Interns grow to be P-stage regular staff are as follows: If an intern turns into a regular worker P2, an intern turns into a regular worker P3, an intern turns into a daily employee P4, an intern turns into a daily worker P5, an intern becomes a daily worker P6, and an intern turns into an everyday employee P7. There is also a special subsidy successful upgrade to P3 degree, upgrade to P4 level, upgrade to P5 degree, improve to P6 degree and upgrade to P7 degree. The person invited or upgraded pays safety deposits while the corporate in turn pays the particular person.

Deposits and bonuses

The deposits and bonuses are as follows: Deposit N10, 000 PinBridge Global Fund to get further 21 % bonus; N50, 000 PineBridge Global Fund to get an extra 23 % bonus; N500, 000 PineBridge Global Fund to get a further 27 per cent bonus; N1, 000,000 PineBridge Global Fund and get 29 per cent bonus, and N2, 000,000 PineBridge Global Fund to get an additional 31 % bonus.

Giving additional perception on the mouthwatering incentives BBH Tv put in place for an investor, Serena said: "There isn't any battle between event rewards and invitation rewards.

For example, if you are a P4 and invite P4 throughout the current occasion interval, then you'll get N30, 240 invitation rewards, N100, 800 event rewards, one fortunate draw (mini- mum N1,777) and each day activity administration bonus.

Then, your revenue for inviting P4 is: invitation reward N30,240 + Event reward N100, 800+ draw N1,777=N132,817. And day by day process administration reward N450, apart from the investment money There are different funding choices.

For instance, in the event you deposit N1, 000, 000 within the wealth fund for 30 days, the interest price is 1.5 per cent. The calculation methodology is N1, 000, 000 multiplied by 1.5 per cent+N1,500 (the profit you may get everyday).

After 30 days, you'll obtain the principal + curiosity = N1, 450, 000, the time limit of the wealth fund after maturity your principal +interest might be returned to your BBH account, and you may withdraw cash at any time.

The suspended NLC/TUC strike: Suspension of withdrawals for 7 days

Until the announcement of the not too long ago suspended NLC/TUC national strike which would have began on October 1, all the things was going on well; folks have been incomes their bonuses and several different incentives and were making their withdrawals seamlessly, simply once in every week. Your day of withdrawal will depend on the extent to belong to. Sequel to the strike risk, the corporate announced a 7-day ‘holiday’.

During this period, ‘employees’ could not withdraw their money but continued with these actions that deliver revenue into the coffers of the company, like recruitment of new members and making funds into the account of the company. Serena said: "Since October 1st to October 7th is a nationwide holiday in Nigeria, through the interval, BBH Nigeria subsidiaries: Marketing, Department, Finance Department, Ministry of Justice, and all workers can have a holiday.

"The entire business recruitment department will continue as regular. If you have any questions on day by day duties, recruitment, upgrades and different enterprise, you'll be able to contact the recruitment manager for session. "Also, the recharge enterprise is working usually. During this interval, all recharges will likely be automatically reviewed by the BBH’s intelligent AI. In case your recharge is profitable, your cash will routinely arrive within the BBH account.

"Because the native financial firm in Nigeria entrusted by the BBH Company is on holiday, therefore, BBH’s monetary department will even have a holiday and the withdrawal enterprise can be quickly suspended during the holiday. The vacation will finish on October 6 and the monetary division will also return to regular," they introduced. The strike was cancelled by the Labour Unions but the withdrawal order stayed. ‘Employees have been to begin withdrawing on October 8th.

Rumours of collapse

Alice, who at all times speaks on behalf of Williams Jonah, had noted that some staff had reported to the corporate that they had been dreading the holiday week and felt overwhelmed by the long break.

"There are also some excited staff who spread remours about BBHTV, corresponding to: BBH is going to collapse, BBH is a scam, and so forth. "BBH won't collapse. BBH doesn't depend on people’s deposits to make income.

BBH’s income come from promotional charges paid by film and tv companies around the world. We use the revenue to pay our employees. BBH is a formal commercial firm. Since BBH entered the Nigerian market, the monetary statements of BBH’s Nigerian subsidiary have been rising each month," she mentioned. In response to Alice, after making earnings, BBH uses part of the profit to carry out incentive activities for all staff to assist staff earn more earnings in the company.

"All workers are requested to respect the company. Don't believe the rumours unfold, and firmly consider in our company, just as the corporate respects its employees. In the times to come back, we will proceed to develop with the corporate and get all the pieces we want in BBH. "The arrival of a new month means the beginning of a brand new problem.

In the following time period, in order to take care of sooner and simpler completion of order of duties within the scheduled time, the corporate headquarters will allocate N7 billion special funds for recruitment activities. I hope everyone will actively take part within the activities organised by the company and create extra earnings for themselves. Make an even bigger distinction for your family," Alice stated.

The wealth fund added a new product tagged "Baring Fund" which it mentioned is for a limited time, with a set deposit interval of 7 days. The every day profit fee is 2.5 per cent, and the full profit in 7 days is 17.5 p.c of the principal. The purchase time interval is from October 5, 2023 to October 8, 2023, a time that coincided with the interval of no withdrawal. After the acquisition time limit is exceeded, "Baring Fund" merchandise will not be bought again.

Baring Fund over subscribed

As if the plan was to lock up employees’ cash in their possession and get them to herald fresh funds, the Baring fund was announced.

However, the corporate in a discover on October 5 (while the no withdrawal order was in power), disclosed that as a result of extreme variety of consumers of the new wealth fund, all fund shares have been snapped up. Baring Fund will no longer be able to make purchases.

Network problem hampered withdrawal after ‘holiday’

Most staff had difficulty withdrawing after the one-week holiday on Monday; the company blamed it on network upgrade.

But while that challenge subsists, Mr. Williams Jonah gave discover of no work on Tuesday 11 for all employees.

He disclosed that during that one-day ‘holiday, the company’s business negotiations, meetings, withdrawal enterprise are completely suspended however film viewing duties can proceed to be accomplished throughout holidays.

The implication is that these in levels P3, P4 and P5 would have been denied their one- day every week withdrawal rights for 2 weeks. Lamenting the situation, one vocal worker said that it means "who withdraw on Tuesday can not be capable of withdraw this week at all, whilst those who withdraw on Mondays were not able to withdraw because of the withdrawal challenges…two weeks gone for them."

Another worker in frustration posted on their group whatsapp chat: "As they’re taking us unaware, they’re presupposed to make changes for withdrawal, either P3 to withdraw with P1 and P2 and the remainder with P5 and P6. This is not encouraging in any respect. There was no withdrawal final week and this week that people hope to get their cash, you're denying them again."

In a move to douse that tension, the company as traditional announced that with the intention to have fun the company’s anniversary, its senior administration has allocated extra N10 billion special fund from the headquarters to repay the support and trust of all the workers, so that all employees can enjoy the joy and benefits of the anniversary. There will also be double earnings for all levels on their activity, beginning from 12th to fifteenth.

The bubble bursts

From October 14, employees had been experiencing severe problem withdrawing their monies from the BBH Tv platform, whereas they were being given assurances that the scenario would improve. On October 20, the Hiring Manager, simply generally known as Serena introduced that "Received notification from the executives of the company point out that there's involvement of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) within the investigation of BBH Tv business transactions and funds.

All requests for salary transfers from native financial corporations in Nigeria entrusted by BBH Tv to all workers have been rejected by the bank." In keeping with her, the corporate is actively talking to FIRS to deal with the matter. "If there is any newest information, I'll announce it within the BBH Discussion Group," she mentioned. Mr. Willams Jonah introduced the plan reached between the company and the FIRS.

He disclosed that FIRS has frozen all of the funds of BBH Tv native monetary firm in Nigeria on the grounds that the company needs to pay Personal Income Tax for its business activities. He claimed that FIRS required all staff of BBH Tv to pay Personal Income Tax. "When that is paid, the frozen N89.Four billion funds within the BBH Tv account shall be unfrozen," Mr. Jonah additional claimed.

But, the Special Assistant on Media to the Chairman of Federal Inland Revenue Service, Dare Adekanbi, instructed Sunday Telegraph: "Our response is that it's unethical for FIRS to release details about taxpayers to the public. Therefore our response is no comment." But sources near the agency instructed our correspondent that FIRS doesn't gather Personal Income Tax and due to this fact could not have frozen the company’s account over that matter.

Notice of Tax Payment

The Hiring Manager posted the notice on the BBH Discussion Group. In keeping with the discover, FIRS requires that all current staff of BBH Tv must pay their Income Tax. Serena disclosed that after consultation between the corporate and FIRS, it was agreed that each one the employees of the BBH Tv must pay 25 per cent of their deposit amount in the BBH fund. The remaining taxes to be paid will probably be borne by BBH Tv. Currently, all the staff must pay tax primarily based on the safety deposit for their present level. There are 9 ranges, apart from the Intern.

25 % of P1’s deposit is N3,750; P2-N7,500; P3-N21,00; P4-63,000; P5-N162,500; P6-N390,00; P7-N1,200,000; P8- N2,400,000 and P9-6,000,00. All taxes according to Serena might be paid by BBH on behalf of the staff. She mentioned after the tax fee is completed, the N89.4 billion allegedly frozen by FIRS can be unfrozen inside one working day when workers who've efficiently paid their private earnings tax can initiate a withdrawal application instantly.

"You will efficiently obtain reputable income earned at the BBH. After funds are unfrozen, all levels can withdraw on all days (together with Saturdays and Sundays). Serena gave the workers 4 hours, from the time of the announcement to complete the payment online on the BBH platform. Anyone who failed to finish the cost course of inside the period, will probably be deemed as a voluntary surrender of one’s margin and funds in the BBH account. "Your deposit and funds will be surrendered to the FIRS.

Your BBH work account will even be locked." Serena mentioned. So as to add salt on damage, she mentioned that BBH Wallet stability can't be taxed as a result of all funds of BBH Tv are at present frozen. "You have to make a deposit into the employees’ BBH account and ship the transfer receipt to the Hiring Manager for verification.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.